Our online course offers accredited theory education to become certified as a dog trainer! Once you’ve completed 6 chapters and 6 tests you will receive a certificate from our International Dog Training Center! You will also have the option to continue your education gaining practical experience at one of our southern California locations. In addition to the theoretical material in our course, there are over 4 hours of videos to supplement the information!
Introduction to the Study of Dogs: In the first lesson, we explain the origin and evolution of dogs, the development of professional dog breeding, and safety while handling working dogs.
- Physiological Foundation for Dog Behavior and Dog Training: Section 2 describes the psychological and physiological processes occurring in the dog which aid in dog training. This section provides an understanding of learning mechanisms in the dog necessary for practical work and successful training.
- Dog Training Methods & Stimuli’s: Here, we describe several different types of training methods and techniques. We also discuss proper equipment use during training and frequent systematic mistakes commonly made by trainers.
- Dog Training Techniques: The third section presents specific techniques to teach a dog to respond to commands as part of a general training course. Protection and bodyguard training techniques are also theorized.
- Animal Health: Section 5 describes overall healthcare rules to be used in training, as well as the most frequently encountered diseases in dogs and first aid application.
- Dog Training Methodology: The last section of our course defines the methods and techniques for teaching trainers to work with dogs. This lesson defines ways to create programs for training the owners of dogs as well as way to train new trainers!